Make a CustomFit Sweater
Make a sweater just for you!
Sometimes one size does not fit all. Sometimes you want a very specific kind of sweater shape but you just can't find the pattern. Sometimes you see a yarn that you long to make a sweater from but no pattern can be found to suit it. Sometimes, however you can have things just the way you want them because you made it yourself and can tailor it to your liking.
The Knit Café in cooperation with the CustomFit Sweater program can help you make a sweater that will fit you to a tee, in just the right style and in any yarn you fancy.
Book yourself a one-on-one CustomFit Sweater Tutorial at the Knit Café and...
meet us for a one-hour appointment at The Knit Café to discuss all your sweater particulars, decide on a yarn and discuss the style considerations for your new sweater.
- get help to take and record accurate and detailed body measurements to ensure a good fit
- learn how to make an accurate swatch and how to use it
- then take your time with your swatching and book a follow up appointment when we will use the information gathered from your finished swatch to create your sweater pattern.
- receive your own one of a kind knit pattern based on your measurements and your style, and get any questions answered about how to follow it.
Pick from two options when creating your CustomFit Sweater with The Knit Café
Sweater-makers who purchase all their yarn for their sweater at The Knit Café will get the CustomFit Sweater Tutorial described above for a fee of only $10. This goes to cover the cost of the pattern but the tutorial and follow-up appointment are gratis. In addition they will receive a discount of 10% off their yarn purchase for their sweater. Wow!
If you already have the yarn for the sweater of your dreams you may still join us for a CustomFit appointment. For a fee of $40 you will receive the CustomFit Sweater Pattern, the hour long consultation and tutorial, and the follow up appointment to generate the pattern.
Before you begin consider the following guidelines when imaging your CustomFit Sweater.
- Custom Fit patterns can not be generated for children or men's sizes yet
- All sweaters will have set in sleeves
- Although you can add some details involving cables or lace - the sweater can not have an all over pattern of either as all CustomFit patterns have darts that would distort a complicated pattern. Simple all-over stitch patterns such as seed stitch or ribbing can easily be accommodated.
Level: Intermediate to Advanced. To make a CustomFit Sweater you should be experienced in reading knitting pattern, adept with the knit and purl and shaping using increases and decreases, and know how to pick up and knit stitches. You may make your CustomFit Sweater in rounds in one piece or flat and then seam the pieces. The pattern will give you instructions for both methods.
Call or email The Knit Café to make your Sweater Making Appointment
416 533 5648(KNIT)