Knitting Level 2
Develop your beginner knitting skills and expand on your stitching accomplishments in this second level knitting class. These lessons are designed with graduates of the Knitting 101 class in mind but all those who are knit and purl savvy should give this class a try. In Knitting Level 2 students we will be using chunky and super chunky yarns to create quick-knit accessories while increasing their knit repertoires to include textural stitch favourites like cabling and lace knitting and more....
In this class we will be :
- Knitting in rounds on circular and double pointed needles
- Learning to knit cables
- Learning basic lace knitting
- Exploring knit increases and decreases
- Striping! Learn how to change colours!
- Decoding and translating knit patterns
- Practising fixing knitting mistakes
- Knitting a sweet cabled hat, a super-chunky, lacy cowl, and a chevron striped scarf
4 sessions, materials not included
Materials: A selection of Bulky and Super Chunky yarns like Brown Sheep Burly Spun, Wool and the Gang's Crazy Sexy Wool, and Drops Andes. 12mm, 60cm circular needles, 8mm, 40cm circular and 8mm double pointed needles, 6mm 40cm circular or double pointed needles. Graduates of Knit 101 will have 6mm double pointed needles - you can bring these along. All materials are available at The Knit Cafe.
Level: Students should know how to knit and purl before taking this class. If you have not yet developed these skills check out our Knitting 101 Class.click HERE for terms and conditions of class registration.