Brown Sheep Burly Spun
Brown Sheep Burly Spun is one of our favourites. We have carried it at the Knit Café since we opened our doors back in 2004. Why?
- Bulky yarns are crazy fun to work with - so winning with instant gratification!
- Burly Spun has a hardy spin that holds up over time.
- Brown Sheep yarns come in terrific, heathered colours.
- Burly Spun won't break the bank with excellent yardage for a fair price.
- You can't beat 100% wool for coziness!
Brown Sheep Company is committed to carrying on the legacy begun over 100 years ago on their family farm in Western Nebraska. Originally a sheep farm, Brown Sheep Company is now in its third generation as a wool spinning mill. Brown Sheep practises localized and sustainable production and is an innovator in the arena of recycling. The mill recycles 70-90% of their dye water!
We love Burly Spun so much we can't stop knitting with it. You can find it featured in many Knit Café Designs. Check out:
Mondo Neck Cozy, which takes only one skein of Burly Spun
Martin Scarf, which takes two skeins or Chunky Cardi which takes 4 or 5 depending on size.
Fibre: 100% wool
Weight: Super Bulky
Yardage: 120m/132 yards
Gauge: 10 stitches per 10cm/4 inches
Care: hand wash cold, lay flat to dry