Knit the Soldotna Crop Sweater
- Learning to knit a seamless sweater from the top down
- Choosing your sweater size and swatching to ensure fit
- Picking colours for colour-work patterns
- Tension tips and skills for working stranded knitting patterns
- 3D shaping skills including short row shaping.
- Reading knit patterns both written and charted
- and more!
3 sessions, fee includes the cost of the pattern from Caitlan Hunter, other materials not included.
Materials: 845-1280m DK weight yarn. Four colours. Sample shown in hand dyed merino yarn. The Knit Cafe is expecting an exciting shipment of Canadian Hand Dyed Yarn to arrive in time for this class -stay tuned!
3.75mm circular needles in 40cm, 60cm and 80cm and 3.25mm circular needles 80cm long, this might be a good opportunity to try out some interchangeable needles! Students who do not knit with the magic loop method will also need double pointed needles in both 3.25mm and 3.75mm.We will be swatching for gauge in class. Needle sizes can be swapped if the needles are purchased at The Knit Café.
Level: Advanced. Student should be super-confident knitters and purlers and at ease with knitting in rounds on circular and double pointed needles or with magic loop. Some experience in either sweater knitting or stranded knitting is an asset but not required. For an introduction to sweater knitting class check out our Sweater Class. For an introduction to fairisle knitting class check out our Knit in Colour Class.