This is a very comprehensive learn to knit class. In this class we impart the fundamental knitting skills that transform novices into practiced knitter able to tackle a variety of future projects with confidence. In four weeks student receive step by step instruction, wise council, and lots of helping hands and follow up lessons while they stitch-up a scarf and a hat.
- learn to begin and finish projects with cast on and bind off
- learn the knit and purl stitches while knitting your first scarf project
- get advice and the tricks of the trade for fixing mistakes in your knitting projects
- learn to knit in circles to knit a warm toque (any size you wish).
- learn how to read knitting patterns
- learn the basic finishing techniques that make your knits look polished
4 session course, materials not included
Materials: yarn and needles to match for a scarf, and 6mm double pointed needles, and one skein of aran weight yarn for a hat, available at the Knit Cafe
Level: No experience necessary.